Planning Your Web Presence
Like anything you do with your business you need to (or should) make a plan. Unless you are in the habit of wasting time and money, having an effective strategy for your on-line presence is important. Take the time to plan how your web presence will enhance and support your business objectives and keep it simple and meaningful. Remember, the 80/20 rule and focus on the actions that can bring you the majority of your results with the least amount of effort.
Lay out your strategy: A Few Questions
- What are your business objectives and how can your web presence help you meet those objectives?
- Who is my target user? And what will they visit my on-line presence for?
- Make a list of your social media. How will you use each? And how frequently?
- How will I market and promote my on-line presence?
- What are your on-line targets and how will I measure if my objectives are being met?
Take the time to draft a mini business plan for your on-line presence, revisit your goals and objectives regularly. With a little bit of planning you can realize the full potential of your on-line presence and avoid costly mistakes.